Goals/ Objectives of the Hartem District Library
- To foster a love of reading and knowledge in the students and community of Hartsburg-Emden
- To help students become independent and critical thinkers
- To teach students to critically evaluate their sources of information
- To teach students to create and share their own content with the world
- To teach students to use a library
- Within the first quarter, students at all grade levels will have library orientation either in person or online.
- The librarian will work to extend our materials outside of print resources. At least one non-print order will be made each semester.
- The librarian will find ways to create more access for checkout for grade school students within the first semester of school.